Saturday, May 22, 2010

How's That Sewing Room Coming Along?

Today I decided I finally needed to move the new 6 cube cabinet I put together out of the middle of the living room and into the sewing room. I took the shelf and clothes rod out of the closet so I could fit one more unit in on top of the other two. Then I sorted my overflowing box of fabrics that I didn't have room for. These are fabrics not dedicated to some future project, real or imagined. If you look closely, you can see that there is a little extra space in a couple of the cubes. I'll have to do something about that. ;) For years I bought strictly batiks. Then, when I started making reproduction dolls, I got introduced to repro fabrics. I still haven't figured out what to do with all those batiks.




I also got started on my Gail Wilson Jane Austen doll. Here are the parts drying, after being painted with body color and hair basecoats. They are just about dry enough for the detail painting. Although you can't see it yet, this doll has such a sweet face. I still haven't picked out a fabric for the dress, but I can't wait to tackle the molded straw bonnet.


4 comments:

Beth said...

Lisa, your shelves of fabric look scrumptious! And Jane is shaping up beautifully. Enjoy :-)

Beth

quilltr said...

Thanks Beth. I'm off to tackle the bonnet. Hope it turns out as good as yours.

Dixie Sargent Redmond said...

Wonderful storage and look at all those yummy fabrics!

quilltr said...

Thanks Dixie. The sewing room is a work in progress, as I'm sure you know, too!